Reasons to not drink water in plastic bottles
- Protect your health. Bottled water is less regulated than tap water, and toxic chemicals like Bisphenol-A (BPA) can be leached from plastic bottles.
- Protect the environment. Nearly three quarters of all plastic bottles are burned or put into landfills.
- Reduce carbon footprints. Production, transportation, packaging and disposal of plastic water bottles hurt the environment and contribute to global warming.
- Save money. Bottled water costs thousands of times more than tap water.
- Support human rights to water. One in six people on earth does not have access to enough water. For a fraction of the $100 billion that consumers spend on bottled water everyone on the planet could have safe water.
- It just makes sense. For everyone now and for future generations.